Thursday 19 November 2009

The TCM lady and needle-magic

So, the visit to the TCM lady was really interesting. She was hopeful and that made us hopeful. She gave me some acupuncture to help regulate my cycle and said in future I might need to think about having some tests done but not to worry about it too much now. She also explained how all the tests work so this doctor/drug/chemical-phobic girl could get her head around it. Thinking about the medical side of fertility problems just makes me so in awe of brave women and men who go through it - I have always been brought up totally alternative so it's completely mind-boggling and scary for me. I count my blessings that where we live there's so much alternative support available. So I don't know if I have a 'problem', if there are blocked tubes or whathaveyou from the infection in my teens...but I'm just going to keep the faith, keep on trusting that this will all work out and come good in the end.

R had some acupuncture too which was amazing as he has said in the past he's scared of needles, but he was totally chilled. The lovely lady also recommended he eat more MEAT as he lacks protein but you can bet his vegetarian wife won't be cooking that for him (for starters, I haven't got a clue where to begin)! I've always thought R is a sort of classic TCM case, as he has a crazy fast metabolism, and is always boiling hot, loads of energy and very slim. The TCM lady seemed confident she could help with his sperm count. TCM is reknowned for excellent results with male fertility; here's an article though it's not the most comprehensive one it gives an idea: http://website.lineone.net/~julie.neal/articles/male_infertility.htm

We left in high spirits, despite the wild and windy weather outside. It was fun cycling back through the park together in the dark, racing along, feeling like our energies were humming together again, rather than apart as they have been, with work and other engagements. I love R so much, I love his company and all the fun we have together and the incredible connection we have and the sensation of 'coming home' that being with him engenders. The last few nights we have been doing a big jigsaw puzzle together in the evenings - it gets dark so early so we get a fire going in the woodburner, get some good tunes on and get down to some puzzling - bliss!

Started my period straight after the TCM session, 5 days early, but it totally explained the vulnerable feelings. Have mostly felt like curling up with a hot water bottle and a book these last few days and not engaging with the outside world at all but work has picked up...for which I am grateful...really...

No comments: