Friday 27 November 2009

bruises

I got knocked off my bike by a taxi crossing my lane on Wednesday. I went flying into the road but luckily have only got a few bumps and bruises and general stiffness - such a blessing. I pushed my bike for a while whilst I was still in shock and then got back on it and carried on to work where I did two massages. When I got home, I think I might have been in shock but I still can't believe how lucky I was not to have anything more serious happen - the car behind had plenty of time to slow down. It's made me count all my lucky stars and there were loads of those in the sky last night - a complete blanket of light pinpricks.

We went to see Lou Rhodes, of Lamb fame, on her acoustic tour on Wednesday evening. Her voice has been the soundtrack to so many big events in my life that I was completely bowled over to hear her live, crying quietly at the back! Why did I not go and see them live this year? My not noticing that the band had reformed and was touring completely baffles me. However, it was a wonderful thing to sit and absorb beautiful music, full of heart and light and soul, sung with love and passion, such a rareity in the music business these days. I closed my eyes and floated away to a dreamy place....one in which everything we wish for comes true...for everyone on this journey...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts. Sorry about the accident but glad you were not hurt. Hope that little buddah brings good fortune to you! Shell

Kate said...

I'm so glad you're ok! That sounds so scary. I hope you're healing up well.

And music has a way of wheedling past our defenses. So glad you had a great concert experience!