Friday 20 November 2009

Fertility Buddha, work your magic!

Feel inexplicably joyous today after yesterday's glum mood. Went to see a client this morning with her 4 month old son who is absolutely gorgeous - one of those babies you have no problem falling in love with. When I came home there was a little parcel there for me containing a letter (a proper hand-written, long letter - I love em!) and a beautiful little fertility Buddha. An old friend I have got back in touch with (thank you Facebook - probably one of the only times you'll receive gratitude from me!) was given the Buddha by a friend when she had concerns about conceiving and she conceived immediately - she is now waiting for labour to start, a few days over her due date. What a wonderful thing to receive (thank you so much, my lovely, you know who you are!) - it has filled me with a strange and blissful hope.

We were wondering how in the world we were going to afford having the acupuncture and herbs, looking at our meagre savings with heavy hearts, when my mum called this morning and said she would like to help us. So, with her and R's mum's generosity, we are going to commit to three months of acupuncture and herbal medicine to prepare our bodies holistically for this exciting adventure. With the combination of magic needles, herbs and fertility Buddhas, could 2010 be our lucky year? I so hope so....the oak tree we planted as a symbol of our hope 18months ago now is slowly, slowly reaching toward the winter sun....

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds so perfect, things coming into alignment so perfectly..

and
thank you for the gentle reminder to trust my heart. my darned brain. shhhhhh.

you're wonderful, truly.
Thank you.