Friday 28 May 2010

Ahoy there!

We're aboard! Officially aboard on our lovely, leaky, problematic but nonetheless adorable houseboat. Perhaps I will somehow get over my technophobia and share some pictures with you... I have started a new blog describing our life aboard http://seashantiesandsausages.blogspot.com which I hope you will visit. I know I am not always the most reliable of bloggers, but what with writing my journal and walking and working and eating and sleeping and loving my most loveable of husbands I kind of run out of time. I hope that time is something we'll have much more of here, without working slavishly to make ends meet.

R is giving up his job on 20th July and will officially be free, free, free! I'm so happy for him, feel that this de-institutionalisation (hey, that's a word and a half) will be what he needs to relax and revive him. And there's nothing quite so lovely as seeing him getting stuck in on deck, using his hands, being creative, not draining away in an office suffocated in a shirt and tie. I have yearned for this freedom for him for so long, want to see him become his true self again. I have taken another job so that we've got a bit of extra cash coming in and he doesn't have to worry financially ('cause it seems to me that's what men like to do).

The social worker didn't get back in touch with me. Perhaps she thought my email about living on a houseboat was mad? Well, her silence gave me pause for thought. Life has thrown up so many synchronisities of late that I'd be burying my head in the sand if I ignored them. Whisperings everywhere I turn, urging me to wait. Wait. Pause for a moment. So, I am going to enjoy the liberation of throwing away the charts and the thermometer and just enjoy a summer of relaxation, watching my lover mend the boat, singing sea shanties, that kinda thing. And we'll see what the future holds. I'm not going to get too hung up on the future just now, I want to be present IN THIS MOMENT and enjoy it. If, by some crazy chance, we did pregnant, I would still like to adopt one day, not least because we've done so much emotional preparation but also because it's always felt like a calling (if that doesn't sound too pompous), one I didn't know was that strong until the last few months.

Did you see the magical magnificent moon last night? She'd been up to all kinds of full moon mischief with things breaking, going missing, exploding (in the case of a boiler at work), blocking (in the case of my sister's drains - not her personal drains, mind) and leaking. What turmoil and havoc at play! And then there she was, casting a bright shimmering pathway across the sea, perfect and still in all her May glory. I made a wish and basked in her beauty.

No comments: