Thursday 6 May 2010

packing, drumming, chanting...

The day after our 3rd anniversary...but it's been 10 years since we met so a very special year all round. I still haven't heard back from our social worker after pouring my heart out to her in an email about why we were moving onto a houseboat. I so hope no news is good news. I'm kneeling on my slippers to write this because everything is either in boxes or going to charity (including the computer chair). Massive, massive purge today...my sister helped me let go of a huge amount of stuff, a lot of which we put outside the front of the house. It was gone in record time and it was great to think of it going to new homes where it will be loved and appreciated. This computer is on its way to charity and we've bought a second-hand laptop for our new tiny living space.

An uplifting day though - going to vote this morning made me think of all those women who fought with everything they had that we might have the privilege of choosing who governs our country. How far we have come as women. It gives me pause for thought and it was with gratitude in my heart that I cast my vote today. And yes, I voted Green! I think they stand a very good chance of getting in down here.

I spent a wonderful weekend with family. My sister treated me to a beautiful drumming day with a wise woman I have loved and respected for a long time: http://www.seventhwavemusic.co.uk/ to hear her magical voice. A circle of women drummed and sang, chanted, crafted, cried and laughed together and I came away feeling peaceful and strong. Then my sister, brother and I drove to Wales to spend a few days walking, talking and enjoying each other's fine company. We've found a huge family house with lots of different apartments that we want to buy together so we stayed there and marvelled at the views and the fantasticly sweet energy it exuded. Somehow we've just got to come up with the crazy amount of cash required but I'm sure we'll manifest it somehow - it just feels right.

I came home to find that R had done a massive chunk of the packing so I've been really knuckling down these last few days, making sure that we're free of clutter and full of bright anticipation as we move onward into our future together.

3 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

This new path is so adventurous. I envy your courage to pick up, let go of so much and move your life. I hope change brings you new surprises and memories.

Hopefully you'll stick around here to share with us your journey.

Kate said...

I just feel so many Yes's as I read your posts!
I know downsizing is not easy (I moved from a house to a 8x10 cabin once)-- and found that it was astonishing just how much of my stuff I did not miss.

Some things, yes, I miss and wish I had not parted with, but mostly? Lightened.

Now, in a house again, I find myself collecting bits and pieces, thises and thats, things, stuff, detritus.
I almost think we need to stage a fake move, and purge!

Thinking of you on the cusp of all of your adventures, from houseboat (YAY!) to apartment house.

warmly,
Kate

Dream Seeker said...

Ah, thanks for your lovely messages dear ones. Just returned to the blogosphere after some absence in which I was getting used to life aboard...what fun! Sending love xxx