Thursday 28 August 2008

yoga positions and lovely husbands

Lucky me - I had a visit from an amazing Scaravelli yoga teacher friend yesterday who came to my house to teach me some postures for opening up the pelvis (as this seems to be a running theme from all the alternative practitioners I have consulted). Lying on my horrifyingly grubby carpet aside (how could I not have realised how bad it is until I'm facedown on it?), it was a wonderful morning leaving me feeling restored and energised. I am going to practise some of the postures every day in an attempt to get energy flowing more freely throughout my pelvis. I keep promising myself I'll use the hula hoop R bought me to loosen up too but found it confoundingly difficult to keep the thing spinning around my waist (stuck, moi?). My neices took to it like a duck to water, reminding me how free and unfettered our childhood bodies are until we get them all locked and blocked with our stuff.

R's second sperm test is on September 18th - I am really holding out hope as I feel he has been amazingly committed to improving his testicular health. An avid cyclist, he used to cycle about 26 miles a day (a 13 mile commute to and from work) in all winds and weathers. He now sets off walking to the station every morning despite having to get up at the crack of dawn and has done for nearly 3 months now. Though not really a heavy drinker, he has cut drinking down to a sporadic ale with friends and I have admired his complete resolve when we have been at parties or festivals over the summer. He has also been taking a (very expensive - he nearly fell off his chair when he saw how much good supplements cost!) supplement that helps boost sperm health from Biocare. Surely all of this will have some kind of effect?


Even if it doesn't, and his sperm is still pretty poorly or non-existant, I'll be safe in the knowledge I have the most wonderful, caring husband who wants a baby with his whole heart (and not, as all the books tell me, just because I do) and is willing to change his life in order to maximise the chances of it happening. I am very blessed. Lucky me indeed!

No comments: