Tuesday 2 October 2012

Better...

My beautiful sister looking over the Atlantic


Dad's beach stone colour mandala


Me and my dog
Yesterday, I posted a pretty gloomy tirade. This morning, I am feeling a lot better, largely thanks to a wonderful message from Kate and a wild, wet and windy walk yesterday afternoon with the dog. Getting out in the fresh air, whatever the weather ALWAYS makes me feel better. Thank goodness the dog makes me go for a walk, as I'm not sure I would have been able to convince myself it was a good idea in yesterday's stormy weather. The waves were crashing up against the windows, scaring the bejeezus out of all the animals. Today, the sea is calm and the sun is making sporadic appearances through the clouds.

Last week R and I went away to Pembrokeshire, Wales with all my family, 12 of us. It was a week of walking, eating, drinking, laughing, dressing up and general uproarious silliness. One day a bunch of us went down to a beach and my dad made this colour mandala from beach stones - how gorgeous is that? My sister was looking out to sea wistfully and I captured the moment in sillhouette. And when I came home my dog and I went for a mega walk through field and forest and I took a picture of us together as I'd missed her so much. Pretty embarrassing when someone stumbled across me on my knees trying to capture me and the dog...

But happy days. These photos remind me, happy days in ABUNDANCE.

Yesterday we were sent a video of LO by his SW. He was gurgling and laughing and is beginning to look so grown up now with his little teeth. I can't explain how incredible it was to hear his laughter echo around our home, and see his face light up. We love him, oh how we love him. Not long now....

2 comments:

the boy's behaviour said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today. Walking is most definitely good for the soul.

Not long now...really, and then your boy will be with you and you will concentrate on becoming and being a family x

Kate said...

I'm loving the mandala, and so very happy to know I was able to offer you some solace/warmth especially after all of the love you have sent to me during my journey (still on it!).

I wish I could walk your windy walk with you! Oh, how I love sea air.

Thinking of you and sending love,
xo
Kate