Thursday 31 December 2009

Wishing all an abundant 2010

When I started writing this blog, I wasn’t really sure what I wanted from it. My sister had a blog and I loved reading hers so I thought I’d have a go…it was just an extension of writing a journal (something that has been happening less and less since I had the blog I have to admit!). For a year or so I wrote irregularly on our quest to conceive naturally with as little help as we could. All that time, I had no idea that there were many other women out there writing about their own journeys, their ups and downs, their heartbreaks and joyful miracles. It was (and is) a slow realization that you are all there too. It’s been such a joy discovering other people’s stories. I love reading your words. It’s made me so grateful for the relative ease of our journey so far when I read how brave you beautiful women have been in your quest to hold a baby in your arms and feel completion, peace, boundless love.

It is so humbling to be welcomed into your lives and at times to hear the breaking of a heart.

A few days before Christmas, I found myself with a glass of wine in hand reading through the blogs I’d discovered in the last few months and I felt overwhelmed by the outpouring of feeling in them. I’m sure we’ve all sat at the computer screen and cried and cried for all our sisters in hope – tears of joy and tears of deep grief.

I think that women, in our connection to the Goddess and to the Earth Mother, have a bottomless well of unconditional love, support, kindness, nurturing and arms that enfold. Reading how you all hold each other reminds me that, whilst aspects of our lives are difficult, this beautiful radiance shines through. I think Shell summed this up so beautifully in her post about sisterhood in IVF, now that was a post that really had me crying!

And my gratitude to our menfolk who have to rise to this challenge too - find ways of relating and understanding. We all know the comfort of someone reaching out to encircle us in the darkness of the night. In the presence of R, I am truly blessed - my tantric god whose heart chakra resonates with mine and surrounds me with blissful protection.

Thank you for everything you have shared – I look forward to finding more of you as the year progresses. Wishing you all a 2010 in which dreams come true, in which our beautiful souls manifest in earthly bodies - we are waiting for you with open arms.

Happy New Year!

No comments: